Sunday, February 1, 2009

Preppy Birthday


Was the whole preppy thing THAT long ago? I remember liking that clean-cut look ... until I saw men with kelly green pants and pink shirts. But I will confess that back in the day, I was known to do the pink-and-green thing with pearls and penny loafers. Aah, youth!

I am often inspired by ribbon. I buy scads of it and especially love patterned ribbon. If you're stuck for color scheme, pattered ribbon (paper too!) hand it right to you.

That's how this birthday card was born. I pulled out the ribbon and the rest just came together.

I used SU paper here - Pixie Pink for the base and Certainly Celery for embossed layer. That's a Cuttlebug embossed folder. The stamp is one I've had for ages and use frequently - you can do so much with the cupcakes and they're always cute.

I colored the cupcakes with Copics and used some AI Glitter and Shimmerz on the cupcakes. The label at the bottom is Spellbinders, with a Papertrey sentiment and May Arts ribbon.

It's a bright card ... but cards should brighten your day, right?

No comments: