Sunday, January 25, 2009

Today's Favorite



Ever make a card that you just love? For me, it's this one. I made it just after the card I've posted below - after I created that one, I thought of ways to improve it and came up with this.

I started with PTI's Stamper's Select White. Then I pulled out PTI's new Black & White Basics patterned paper and just started pulling out pages with the smaller patterns. I loved the designs but felt they needed something to separate them. Then I thought of small strips of PTI's Pure Poppy - a gorgeous, rich red. (But I do think almost any color would work and give a completely unique look!) I put the whole front together and pasted it as one element on my card base - except for the sentiment.

I played around a lot with the sentiment, with several variations of Happy Birthday (from PTI's Birthday Basics). But for some reason HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY just struck me so I stamped it in Pure Poppy, cut it out and placed on True Black cardstock. It looked too plain so I used yet another piece of Black & White Basics. Six patterns on paper on one card. I've outdone myself!

But honestly I do love this card. I think you could replicate it with so many patterned papers and colors. But let me tell you what may not be a good idea. I finished this card about 3:30 a.m. - then I went into our bedroom, cut on the light and woke Keith up to show it to him. He did not appreciate it quite as much as I did, although he said something nice and rolled over. What a guy!

25 comments:

Jak Heath said...

lovely card Jayne, welcome to the blog hop

IamDerby said...

What a great card!

Serendipity said...

Wonderful card - I love the patterns and the red accents! Very nice!

Unknown said...

Welcome, great creation. I can't get enough of this Black and White!

Gwen said...

I like it toooo! that is a lot of pattern but it all works sooo well together!!

Anonymous said...

love how you tied together all the patterns - looks lovely!

Regan said...

I see why you love it..its great

Savitri said...

Very pretty! I just love red and black :)

Marge said...

WOW, this is amazing; I LOVE it!!! Welcome to Blog Hop & I can't wait to see what you do next month!!!

Lori said...

Very nice card!! I really like the patterns!!

Lizzie Jones said...

I love your pop of color on this card. Thanks for sharing!

Amy said...

This is great--love the B, W, & red!

Jen Caputo said...

your color combo is so elegant!!

Deanna said...

Love it, great job mixing pattern paper!

Cheryl said...

Very nice use of the patterned paper.

Anonymous said...

Nice work!

Chris said...

i agree, it's simply fabulous!! great job!

Babies-Beth said...

Great card, lol! I love it- and made one very similar, lol!!

Kathleen said...

Great use of the new paper! LOVe the color combo, too!

Dana Gustafson said...

Very elegent and classy. COuld be gal, guy or even a valentine. REally nice!

Banu said...

Very nice card. It was my first blog hop too. It is quite fun isn't it?

Sharon said...

Love the bold colors!!!

Lori said...

Nice! I like how you mixed and matched the patterns here.

Donelda said...

Glad you could join in the fun!! Great colors on your card!

Bonnie said...

Welcome to the Hop! Love this black and white goodness! Aren't men just weird sometimes!