Sunday, January 25, 2009

Paper Crazy


My love of designer paper is well established. Last week - another one of those nights I couldn't sleep - I had an idea about using a family of paper to create a design. This time I used Basic Grey Granola. When I was in Denver two weeks ago, I scored some Granola brads on sale at Archivers so that steered me toward the paper.

I started with a base of PTI's Dark Chocolate, then took six papers from the Granola pad and started laying them out on my desk to find an order that pleased me. I cut each one and tore the bottom edge. At the top, I used a creamy solid paper from the pad, cut it with a scallop punch and stamped it with PTI's Birthday Basics. And voila ... here's the discount Denver brad!

I think this is a good card for a guy - not too frou-frou and the colors are pretty neutral.

No comments: