Sunday, January 25, 2009

Birthdays!


I always like to keep a stash of birthday cards around, yet I often find myself creating a new one for each birthday that rolls around.

I love designer paper. When we were building our house I would go to the wallpaper store and look through books for hours - even after I had already picked out all my wallpaper. I guess I just love patterned paper.

This card is one I created late one night when I couldn't sleep. It started off as an experiment and I just went ahead and rolled with it. I used a piece of Papertrey Spring Moss for the base. I used my Nestabilities to cut the rectangle in the front, then I lined the back with PTI's Polka Dot Parade. I stamped the sentiment (from Birthday Basics) four times. Then I decided I had to do something with the middle 'cause it looked really plain. I cut out two hearts - a large and a small (gotta love those punches!) and used Fresh Snow ink to stamp another sentiment from Birthday Basics on the Raspberry Fizz heart. On the smaller Sweet Blush heart, I stamped a tiny heart with Raspberry Fizz ink.

A piece of Raspberry Fizz satin ribbon placed on a diagonal finished it off.

But then I decided to keep going. I used some scissors to cut a little off the bottom and I lined the bottom of the inside with more Polka Dot Parade. Fancy, huh?

No comments: