Saturday, January 24, 2009

Did you miss me?




It's been a long time since I posted a card. But I have a good excuse - we were living in England from August through December and I just didn't have time to make any cards - or my usual space in which to make them. However, I did take a ton of stamping materials with me. This was not a big deal going over, but as we were packing up to come home, I was afraid I was going to have to part with something. But luckily I didn't - we only had to pay for one overweight bag and they let us bring one extra suitcase and didn't even charge us!

Of course, I regularly scoured the blogs and websites so I'm up on the latest, just a bit rusty!

I have missed stamping and am just now getting back into things. I am hoping to spend some time with Rhonda this week - she always helps me get my stamping mojo back!

Here are a few cards I've done over the last week. I couldn't resist making some Papertrey purchases in December and January - in fact, there were Papertrey packages waiting here the day we returned from London.

The one on the left I made for a friend and I call it My Fizzy Valentine because it uses this yummy new Papertrey paper called Raspberry Fizz. The ribbon, the ink, the paper - solid and designer - are all from the Raspberry Fizz line. It's beautiful. I used Heart Prints for the stamped hearts and I cut them out with a small heart punch.

On the right is My Busy Valentine. This one I did for Keith one night when we were watching TV. My inspiration was the gorgeous new Basic Grey Bittersweet paper. I am a total sucker for anything by Basic Grey and I have a ridiculous stash of their pads. This card started with a base of Papertrey Dark Chocolate. I then added layters of Bittersweet is various shapes. The hearts in the middle are popped up on dots. The sentiments and hearts are all PTI, the Heart Prints set, which is so versatile. I used my Scallop Circle Punch to create the rounded pieces on either side of the hearts strip. And that's a Bittersweet brad on "Be Mine." Love those matching brads!

This is a strange card for me. I would characterize my "style" as clean and simple - or am I too much of an amateur to have a style? LOL! Anyway, this card has a lot of "stuff" on it - and I'm not sure that's a good thing!

No comments: