Friday, August 8, 2008

So Groovy


"Groovy" is a funny word. As a kid growing up in the late '60s and early '70s, I never heard anyone actually use the word "groovy" - in person. On TV, music and movies, yes. But people in Winston-Salem, North Carolina did NOT say things were "groovy." They were cool, nifty or neat, but never "groovy."
But I think this new set by Verve Stamps is ... well, groovy. It contains several song titles and lines and this is one.
I made two cards with this sentiment. I can't decide which I like better. One is square and the other is more traditional. Both use a fun May Arts paper ribbon. On the second card, I used an SU! set colored by Copics. The other has no image; it just lets designer paper (Basic Grey, of course!) lead the way.
Seriously, aren't these cards just far out?? Peace and love. Don't harsh my mellow.

No comments: