Saturday, June 14, 2008

Cupcake Birthday




Here's a card I made tonight for my sister's birthday. Nothing like waiting until the last minute, right? Her birthday is today!

I used paper from Papertrey (Sweet Blush) with matching Swiss dot satin ribbon - you probably can't see it well. The patterned paper is Basic Grey from the Sugared collection, with Stampin Up! Mellow Moss.

The cupcake is from a clear set I picked up and it's colored with Copics. I used a flower with an embellishment by Bella in the middle. To frame the Happy Birthday sentiment, I used Papertrey's Borders and Corners Rectangle Set, which I really love. That is a great little set to have - I grab it all the time.

When I finished the card I thought it was cute but it needed a finishing touch, so I grabbed a Martha Stewart border punch I bought on sale at Michael's a while back. I punched some Sweet Blush and put it on the bottom of the card. Then I got a little wacky with glitter on the cupcake. All in all, I like it. I hope she does!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't let her fool you - she is very creative. The card is prettier in person than it photographs. I know since I am the birthday girl.

Precious and Two said...

You can't stay anonymous, birthday girl. I know who you are! Ha ha