Friday, June 20, 2008

Keeping it simple


I wanted to do a simple "thinking of you" card for a friend who suffered a stroke last summer. Her life has changed dramatically and she's still adjusting to that. She can't really speak on the phone or even do email, so I enjoying send cards to her.
Here's one that started with the stamp - I bought it at Stamper's Alley, a store I LOOOVE in Mooresville, NC. It's a haul from my house but what a great place. I stamped it with a Brilliance black and then started coloring it with Copics. Now, I am just getting started with Copics and my selection is slim. But I tried!
The card is PTI Kraft, wth a layer of SU Soft Sky, then a layer of black. Around the flowers is an SU red grosgrain ribbon with a little piece of Hodgepopge Hardware on the ribbon. On the side: a small and simple Nesties scalloped rectangle with a simple Thinking of You Today. Simple and easy, but I love this card!

No comments: