Thursday, June 19, 2008

Sunshine-y day


Here's another card with a My Favorite Things stamp, or as I call them, the headless girls. The first time I saw these stamps I thought they looked strange but now I like them. They remind me of Wilson, the neighbor on "Home Improvement." We don't know what these gals look like, so we'll just have to imagine.
I decide to do a lot on this little card, and I like the way it turned out, even if it's a little busy.
Here we go:
The base is SU Only Orange.
Next a layer of embossed Swiss Dot white.
Next, a strip of SU designer paper (I love my DP!)
Then a Nestabilities scalloped square, using the reverse side of the DP, topped by more of the first DP.
Now, my dog-walking headless lady. She's dressed in muted tones but is wearing a nice yellow hat, popped up with a dimensional. Of course, the dog is colored to look like Mocha.
We can't forget ribbon - grosgrain red and orange. Yes, TWO ribbons!
Finall, a Nestie embossed circle sun ... and an MTF sentiment at the bottom.
How's that for a busy card? A good one to get if you're feeling down and out!

No comments: